2019 Canada Winter Games Host Society
Position / Placement: Manager Transportation
TITLE: Coordinator, Transportation
REPORTS TO: Manager, Transportation
LOCATION: Red Deer, AB
CONTRACT TERM: Until March 15, 2019
SALARY LEVEL: $40,000 - $45,000/year, commensurate on education and experience
The 2019 Canada Winter Games Red Deer Host Society is looking to fill the position of Coordinator, Transportation.
In February 2019, thousands of our country’s best and brightest will set their sights on Red Deer as we host the 2019 Canada Winter Games. Up to 3,600 participants from across Canada, 400 media, 500 VIPs, 500 officials and thousands of visitors will join us for the two-week event. Featuring 19 sports and a major arts and cultural festival, the 2019 Canada Games will be the largest event in Red Deer’s history.
The Coordinator, Transportation is responsible for planning, developing and coordinating all aspects of transportation for the 2019 Canada Winter Games. The coordinator will work jointly with the Transportation Committee to deliver a comprehensive transport plan that will meet the needs of all transport client groups.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This role will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
● Consult with staff and volunteer committees across the Host Society to support the development and implementation of comprehensive strategies to address transportation needs for all Functional Areas and client groups during Games Time.
● Support the development and implementation of plans and policies for fleet vehicles, traffic control, parking, and bus systems for Games Time.
● Coordinate the development of transportation policies and procedures pertaining to the following areas:
- Airport Operations
- Bus Operations ○ Sport Equipment Transport
- Venue Transportation ○ Dispatch & Booking Systems
- Traffic Operations
● Assist with logistics planning and implementation for airport operations.
● Create transportation schedules and plan routes for all Games time transportation systems.
● Conduct pre-Games transportation needs assessment at and between various venues.
● Assist in determining volunteer positions, numbers and skills required for Games time volunteers within transportation.
● Coordinate and develop training of transportation volunteers on role specific information.
● Coordinate scheduling of transportation for all volunteers across the Games.
● Coordinate and support transportation committee meetings, including booking meeting space, creating agendas, taking notes, etc.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCES AND ABILITIES
● An undergraduate degree or diploma in business, transportation and logistics management, event management, sport management or other related fields. ● Two (2) or more years of experience in the transportation industry, specifically executing large scale events including planning for multiple client groups, determining service levels and working with the selected service provider(s), or other related experience. A combined equivalent of education and experience may be considered. ● Strong organizational, administration, planning and presentation skills. ● Excellent communication skills, written and oral, in English is required and fluency in French is an asset. ● Clean driver’s abstract and class 5 (or higher) Canadian driver's license is a requirement. ● Attention to detail and safe work practices is mandatory. ● Experience with Google’s G Suite programs, Gmail, Docs, Slides, Calendar, etc. (or equivalent Microsoft Office programs) is required. ● Demonstrated ability to set priorities and manage multiple projects. ● Ability to work in a team environment with both staff and volunteers. ● Knowledge and experience working in traffic operations, transit operations, not-for-profit, events, sports or multi-sport Games environment is an asset.
● Formal office hours are Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.; however, flexibility will be required. This may include various evening/weekend committee work, varying workload/ deadlines, Games time requirements, etc. ● The 2019 Canada Games Host Society is an equal opportunity employer and believes diversity strengthens us as a workplace; we encourage all those qualified to apply. ● All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. ● The successful candidate will be subject to a criminal record check and/or other background checks.
Closing date for this position is Friday, March 23, 2018 or until a suitable candidate is found.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to the attention of: Manager, TransportationOnly those invited into the recruitment process will be contacted.
Organization: 2019 Canada Winter Games Host Society