Aspire Special Needs Resource Centre
Position / Placement: Speech-Language Pathologist
Posting: March 22, 2018
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found
Position: Speech-Language Pathologist
Reports to: TAC Team Supervisor and Individualized Services Supervisor Location: Red Deer, AB Status: Part time Maternity leave position (September 1, 2018 - June 30, 2019)
0.8 FTE (position could also be split into two smaller FTE’s)
Our team at Aspire Special Needs Resource Centre is growing and changing and we want you to join us! Aspire’s mission is to provide hope to children with special needs, the families who love them and the communities that care for them.
Aspire has an exciting opportunity for someone interested in working in our 6 week transdisciplinary assessment (TAC) program, as well as in our diagnostic services and consultation/therapy services.
The successful candidate will provide assessment and diagnostic services to children between 2.5 years and 12 years of age in consultation with an assessment team. In addition to working in the TAC program, the successful candidate may provide on-going therapy and consultation services as required.
Benefits of working at Aspire on a multidisciplinary team include:
- Opportunity to gain a specialized skills in working with a team to diagnose various disorders including learning, autism spectrum disorder and language disorders
- Incorporating psychological and occupational therapy test results with language assessment in order to present a full picture of the child.
- Working with children with diverse special needs and their families
- Christmas break and the majority of the summer off (paid over 12 months)
· The successful applicant must be registered or be eligible to be registered with the Alberta College of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologist (ACSLPA).
· Experience working with children with special needs.
Start date: September 1st, 2018
Salary range: Commensurate with experience.
If you meet the above requirements, please forward your resume along with three references to:
JoAnne Hayden, TAC Team Supervisor
4826 – 47th Street
Red Deer, Alberta T4N 1R2 Email:
Fax: 403-340-2615 www.aspirespecialneeds.ca
Organization: Aspire Special Needs Resource Centre
Contact Person: JoAnne Hayden
Phone Number: 403-340-2606
Email Address: www.aspirespecialneeds.ca