Canadian Blood Services
Position / Placement: In-Community Volunteers
In-community volunteers support Canadian Blood Services initiatives, participate in local events, promote community awareness regarding Canadian Blood Services projects and assist with donor recruitment.
How this role helps save lives:
By providing information about Canadian Blood Services and the opportunities to get involved, volunteers are able to raise awareness to community members, friends and networks on the impact by Canadian Blood Services can have on lives of Canadians through blood donation and other programs.
Are you available?
We are looking for In-Community Volunteers: participate in local events and promote community awareness regarding the importance of blood donations.
What we need:
- Volunteers are expected to commit to two 4 hour shifts a month at various events throughout the year
- Volunteers will gain valuable communication, leadership, and teamwork skills
- Our volunteer program is a great way to meet an enthusiastic and friendly group of people
- Gain experience while you help your community in an important part of the Canadian health care system
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Sensitive and respectful of the dignity of all people
- Able to relate to different personalities and age groups in a variety of situations
- Able to observe and react appropriately to adverse situations
- Professional in manner and appearance
- Reliable and punctual
- Satisfaction in knowing your efforts are helping save lives and improving the quality of life of those requiring blood and blood products
- Development of skills and experience
- Meet and interact with a variety of people
- Recognition program which includes Years of Service recognition, attending regional events, National Volunteer Week
Training & Support is provided.
For more information: In-Community RD .docx or email
Apply online: https://blood.ca/en/becoming-volunteer
Organization: Canadian Blood Services
Contact Person: Volunteer Coordinator
Phone Number: (888) 236-6283