Central Alberta Sexual Assault Support Centre
Position / Placement: Crisis line volunteer
Positions Description & Tasks:
This position is for the CASASC 24 hour emergency crisis lines. We offer 2 options, the phone line and the web/text line.requesting volunteers for the 8:00am-4:00pm Monday to Friday shifts. Part time applicants accepted. Volunteers must have a reliable phone, internet connection, desktop or laptop.
Qualification and/or Skills Required:
- Interested applicants must be very reliable.
- Good communication and listening skills.
- Must be empathetic, professional and able to support distressed callers in emergency or historical assault situations.
- Good record keeping skills.
- Volunteers are certified apon completion of training.
- References offered by the Volunteer/SART Coordinator.
- Further opportunities may be offered to volunteers within the program.
Organization: Central Alberta Sexual Assault Support Centre
Contact Person: Michele Kercher
Phone Number: (403) 3180653