Red Deer Regional Hospital Centre
Position / Placement: Greeter/Wayfinding/Hospitality Volunteers
Positions Description & Tasks:
- Relate quality customer service to our organization’s success and respond to our client’s human and service need.
- Create and maintain a positive public image to our clients entering the facility for care.
- Working in partnership with the information clerk and the admitting clerk, located at both the south and regional desks: the volunteer will Greet clients and visitors in a friendly, courteous and efficient manner.
- Volunteer to “Be available and look available” Ask clients if need assistance or information, If they need physical assistance, transport them to the relevant department
- For patients that have to visit more than one department, give them a map that highlights all areas they have to visits
- South Entrance Information Clerk and Regional Admitting Clerk to communicate any needs via phone between the two desk for client assistance/movement in between the entrances and departments.
- Volunteer will be diligent in ensuring the OPD desk is not utilized as an Information Desk and the OPD hallway is not utilized as a thorough far for patient to access department north of them. (OPD will notify Regional Admitting Desk and volunteer Hospitality Desk of special clinics and possible increased traffic)
- When assisting clients, ensure they are registered, if not return with them to admitting.
- Renal Dialysis incoming and outgoing patients through the East doors many need assistance – Be aware of the crunch time
- Ensure the wheelchair round up volunteers leave one or two chairs in the regional admitting area.
Qualification and/or Skills Required:
Physically challenging for there is lots of walking involved and the ability to push occupied wheelchair
Free parking and snack, Amazing opportunity to give back to Healthcare and get your 10000 steps in !
Organization: Red Deer Regional Hospital Centre
Contact Person: Brenda Farwell
Phone Number: (403) 343 4715