Red Deer Association for Bicycle Commuting
Position / Placement: Roving Cyclists
On August 12, 2018 the RDABC will be hosting the first ever Cyclovia event in Red Deer.
We are very excited to offer this new event for Red Deer. This is an “Open Streets” event where streets in the downtown core will be temporarily closed (4 hours) to car traffic, so that people of all ages and abilities may use them for any non-motorized activity, including battery assisted wheeling (e-bikes and scooters, etc.).
The event includes three (3) satellite stations (East Hill, Dawe and Clearview) where participants will be provided with safe and beautiful routes to the city core to enjoy a car free experience in downtown Red Deer. In addition to the open streets in the core, there will be a variety of activities, including, but not limited to: food trucks, open restaurants and cafes, active living association booths, bicycle repair demos, bicycle helmet fitting demos, bicycle shop booths, etc.
The main goal for the event is to promote and increase awareness for cycling and walking as an acceptable and safe mode of travel for recreation and commuting on public streets.
- Circulate through a portion of the connector routes for duration of the Cyclovia event.
- Encourage people to attend the City core event, provide directions and maps as needed.
- Contact event Manager if any issues arise along the connector routes.
- Confident cyclist.
- Enthusiastic about the event.
- Able to provide clear directions.
- Familiarity with city trails and bike lanes.
- Able to ask for assistance when unsure.
- An opportunity to get out on the city trails, multi-use paths and bike lanes.
- Be part of a new and exciting event for Red Deer.
For more information, click here.
Organization: Red Deer Association for Bicycle Commuting
Contact Person: Elizabeth Hagell
Phone Number: 403-341-5914