Red Deer Regional Hospital Centre
Position / Placement: Surgical Family Liason Program Volunteer
Positions Description & Tasks:
To provide direction and support to families who loved one is undergoing surgery
The purpose of this liaison program is to reduce use of OR/PARR staff time in meeting needs of patient's family so they are better able to focus on the needs of patients and provide the services for which they are trained.
Patient's families will receive personalized direction and support to ensure their needs are met; hence reducing anxiety and confusion in terms of receiving information about patient status, wait time and area, and where to access food, telephone, etc.
Qualification and/or Skills Required:
Volunteers must possess the following qualities:
• enjoy meeting and conversing with new people
• good listener and communicator
• self-directed and independent; yet able to accept and follow direction
• ability to multi-task
• have a courteous, professional, and non-judgemental manner
• conscientious, reliable, and outgoing
The following qualities/skills are an asset for the volunteer to possess:
• medical background
• familiar with Red Deer Regional Hospital
Free Parking and Snack and the amazing opportunity to volunteer in a very unique healthcare volunteer opportunity !
Organization: Red Deer Regional Hospital Centre
Contact Person: Brenda Farwell
Phone Number: (403) 343.4715