Boys and Girls Clubs of Red Deer and District
Position / Placement: Volunteer with Boys and Girls Clubs
When you volunteer at a Boys & Girls Club (BGC), you can make a difference in the lives of youth and give back to your community. Within the first few minutes of walking into a Club, you know you’re in a special place. Filled with the sounds and energy of spirited children and friendly, caring professionals, the Club is a fun and hopeful environment. Whether you help with homework, coach a game, or teach an art project, you’ll have the opportunity to build healthy relationships with young people eager for adult guidance, and have a positive impact on their lives. In turn, you will find that spending time with these young people has a positive impact on you as well.
- We offer a safe supervised place for youth to hang out and meet other youth while experiencing a variety of educational, recreational and social activities.
- After-school and evening volunteer positions are available in Red Deer, Innisfail, Penhold, Springbrook, Bowden, Benalto, Spruceview and Elnora.
- A volunteer with Boys & Girls Clubs of Red Deer & District must enjoy working with children and youth and is an enthusiastic role model who is willing to set a good example for youth and others.
- You must have the ability to support, lead and potentially supervise program activities ranging from social interactive & life skills programs, to recreational activities to creative arts.
- Most importantly, be able to have fun!
- Our programs build character, promote engaged citizenship, and develop the social, emotional, and vocational abilities of youth, all while encouraging active participation in their communities.
- Making a difference in the lives of children & youth is a self serving experience.
- You will gain valuable experience working with youth between the ages of 6 - 18 years of age.
- You will meet new people who also have a love of children.
- You can also take part in Adventure Treks, opportunities and experiences where you are able to support youth while challenging yourself.
Organization: Boys and Girls Clubs of Red Deer and District
Contact Person: Janessa McCormack
Phone Number: (403) 342-6500