Learn About Volunteering
Thinking about volunteering?
Volunteers are essential to our way of life and have a positive impact on the way our communities grow and succeed. Volunteering helps build the capacity and resilience of our community!
How to find volunteer opportunities in Central Alberta?
- Decide on the type of volunteer experience you are looking for.
- Search the Volunteer Opportunities listed on our website.
- Select your preferred opportunities and contact the organization directly to apply.
What do I need when applying for volunteer opportunities?
Each organization has somewhat different requirements when it comes to the application process. Depending on the position you are interested in you may need to complete an application form, provide a resume & references and go through an interview process. For many positions, police and child welfare checks are required. Once you have completed the application process you will then go through an orientation and will be provided training for your new volunteer position.
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."
- Winston Churchill
Top 10 Reasons to Volunteer:
Volunteering isn’t just good for the community; it’s also good for you. And anyone can volunteer. No matter how much time you have, no matter what you’re interested in doing, there’s a volunteer opportunity out there for you.
And by volunteering, you get when you give. Here are 10 reasons to volunteer.
- Build your skills in a variety of areas.
- Gain valuable work experience for your resume and career.
- Learn more about your community and yourself.
- Meet new people who share your interests.
- Support non-profit organizations and local events.
- Help a cause that is important to you.
- Improve your health, self-esteem, and stress levels.
- Have fun and try something new.
- Share your skills, your experience, and your knowledge.
- Make your community a better place to live.